Skip to main content


Extension: AB 104 Notification for Current HS Students
Posted 9/15/21

Extension for the Option to Change Letter Grade to Pass/No Pass Applications Due October 1, 2021

Parents of a student, or a student that is 18 years of age, that attended high school during the 2020-2021 school year can request to change a grade to Pass (Credit) or No Pass (No Credit) if they were enrolled in the course during the 2020-2021 school year. Please use this application, due October 1, 2021, if you want to request a grade change from a high school within Fremont Unified School District. Completed applications need to be submitted to the front office of your high school. FUSD may accept grade change applications after October 1, 2021, for the 2020–21 school year

The new law requires the California State University (CSU), and encourages the University of California (UC) and private postsecondary institutions, to accept those grades.  For more information about the CSU, you can refer to this webpage.  For more information about the UC, you can refer to this webpage. Some postsecondary institutions, including those in other states, may not accept a Pass or No Pass grade for admissions. For a list of the institutions that will accept a transcript with a Pass or No Pass grade in place of a letter grade, you can refer to this webpage.


FUSD High School Families:

Governor Gavin Newsom recently signed into law AB 104. There are two key components of this law which may apply to you.  PLEASE READ PDF LETTER for an explanation of the law, along with the components, requirements, and timelines.

Letter: English | español | 中文 (pdf)