Skip to main content

10th Grade

Bernardett Pereira

Class of 2022


Ext. 57227

11th Grade

Maureen Guevara

Class of 2021



Ext. 57224

12th Grade

Andrea ONeill

Andrea O'Neill

Class of 2020



Ext. 57229


9th Grade

Naheed Sheikh

Class of 2023

Ext. 57238

Attendance Procedures

Important Things To Know

Office Hours: 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM

                   Fax: 510-791-5331

Here you will find Useful Information for:

  • Report an Absence
  • Arrive Late to School
  • Off Grounds Pass
  • Emergency Cards
  • Medication at School
  • Illness at School
  • School Loop
  • Checkout From American High School


Report an Absence

Parents/Guardians, Please call each day your student is absent.

Dial 510-796-1776, press 7 for Directory, press 1 for Attendance. Select the grade level of your student.  A 24-hour answering machine will accept your calls at all hours.  Please leave a message.  Parents may send email communications from their registered School Loop accounts. All attendance communications are logged.  Confirm your student's attendance on School Loop.

Press 2 to bypass the recorded message.

Please provide the following information:
- Student's full name - spell the last name
- Your name and relationship to the student
- Reason for absence - please be specific

A phone call or written note is required to clear an absence. If parent contact is not made, the absence is recorded as unexcused truancy. Our automated calling system will make two attempts daily  (10am & 6pm) to contact you when your student has been marked absent in one or more classes.  You will receive an alert message regarding the student absence. If your student believes the absence mark was made in error, please have the student report to Attendance Office before school the following morning to obtain instructions for an Absence Verification form. Failure to clear an unexcused absence will result in truancy.

**Please note that the State of California determines which absences are excused and unexcused, not the parent/guardian**

For specific policy information, please refer to FUSD's Parent/Guardian & Student Handbook and Notice of Rights & Responsibilities, section on School Attendance, pages 5 - 7.


Arrive Late to School

Student must check in at the Attendance Office before going to class. A late admit pass will be issued. Parent/guardian should call or send a note with the reason for late arrival.


Off Grounds Pass

To leave campus during the school day, student must bring a note from parent/guardian to Attendance Office before school starts to receive an Off Grounds Pass. If parent/guardian does not send a written a note or School Loop email from their registered account, parent/guardian must come to the Attendance Office to sign out student during the school day. Students will not be released without authorized signatures. Parent ID and/or signature must match the information on the Emergency Card, so ALL parents/guardians should sign the Emergency Card. If student leaves campus without a pass, it will be considered a truancy. Please make every effort to schedule doctor's appointments, haircuts, shopping, DMV tests, family vacations, etc. after school hours.


Emergency Cards

Please keep information on Emergency Card current. All parents/guardians in household should sign the Emergency Card in order to authorize student release from school on Off Grounds Pass. Notify Attendance Office immediately of changes in home phone/cell numbers, addresses and emergency contacts (including contacts other than the parent/guardian). Accurate information will enable us to make contact quickly in the case of an emergency.


Illness at School

If your student becomes ill at school, you will be notified of the students condition and you must make arrangements to transport your student. Please do not take your student off campus without first obtaining an Off Grounds Pass. If student leaves campus without a pass, it will be considered a truancy.

Students must be fever-free for 24 hours before attending school.

You or your student may check School Loop for homework assignments or teacher contact information during student absences.


Medication at School

Students who need to take medication at school, must have on file the required district forms with doctor's signature. Medication forms must be renewed each year.  Prescription medication, such as antibiotics or inhalers, and over-the-counter drugs, such as aspirin or Tylenol, may not be carried or administered at school without the proper forms. Medication At School forms may be downloaded from the Fremont Unified School District Website.  Submit the completed forms to the school nurse for processing prior to bringing medication to school.

On the last day of school, please remember to pick up any medication that was stored at school. Medication left behind will be disposed of according to district policy.


School Loop

Parent/guardian may access available attendance, grades, class schedule, and staff contact information for your student on the American High School Loop website.  You must register on the site for access.


Checkout From American High School

Please plan ahead.  Before changing schools, parent/guardian must notify the Attendance Office by completing an Intent To Withdraw form.  On the last day of attendance at AHS, the student will be provided with a Checkout Sheet to circulate among school staff. The student must return all textbooks and school-issued materials, and obtain all required staff signatures. Payment must be made at the Business Office for outstanding debts. STUDENTS CANNOT CHECKOUT WITHOUT ALL THE REQUIRED SIGNATURES. After completion of the checkout procedure, a transcript will be provided.


First Day of School: Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Last Day of School: Wednesday, June 12, 2019


Class of 2019 Graduation Ceremony: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at 3:00 p.m., TAK Stadium

If You Move...

If you have moved out of the AHS attendance area but still live in Fremont you will need to apply for an intra-district transfer in order to remain at American.
If you have moved out of Fremont, you will need to apply for an inter-district transfer - go to your new attendance area school to obtain the paperwork to begin that process.Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our records accurate and students attending their attendance area school to assure proper funding and staffing.